Role and responsibilities
- Achieve commissioning targets set in the publishing programme.
- Gather up-to-date information about developments in education and publishing.
- Plan and conduct market research to gather feedback on existing products as well as to identify markets for new products.
- Identify, develop and support authors.
- Develop business cases (including budgets, projected sales and revenue) and proposals for new products and present them for approval.
- Lead contract negotiations and commission authors.
- Evaluate manuscripts.
- Work closely with the Editorial team to develop projects and ensure the delivery of high-quality manuscripts from authors.
- Work with the Marketing and Sales teams for the promotion of products to achieve sales targets.
- Good degree in any discipline.
- Agility and business acumen to take advantage of market developments, new trends, and business opportunities.
- High level of initiative, resourcefulness and independence.
- Strong networking within the education community.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Resilient under pressure.