Role and responsibilities:
- Provide thorough editing of projects, to ensure delivery of high quality – accuracy and adherence to project brief and goals/big idea.
- Lead and manage a small project team comprising editors and creative team members to ensure clear and timely communication and efficiency of working so as to achieve project outcomes.
- Plan and manage project schedules, and provide timely notification of any unforeseen delays, with proposals for mitigation (problem-solving).
- Adhere to agreed budgets to ensure cost effective production.
- Provide input to the Commissioning Editor as s/he drives the conceptualisation process on a new project, in terms of its unique features and tangible benefits. Give input on competitor analysis and utilise that information to strengthen the benefits and competitiveness of allocated projects.
- Review/assess quality of editing and adherence to the brief/syllabus, as needed, at key critical moments, on projects across the editorial groups and providing feedback and guidance to editors whose work is reviewed.
- Mentor and coach editors, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Chinese Language or related subject.
- Effectively bilingual in Chinese and English.
- Min 8 years’ editorial experience in publishing.
- Teaching experience is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to manage strong personalities.
- Meticulous and deadline-oriented.
- Able to work under pressure.